Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I'm So Gracious...

Hello.

So I went to Bible Study on Tuesday. It felt great and if work allows me, I hope to continue going every Tuesday evening.

We were talking about when Peter tries to rebuke Jesus, and Jesus then says, "Get behind me, Satan!" and we were startled about why Jesus chose such harsh words when he was talking to Peter. Probably caught the poor guy off guard. We talked about that...but that's not what this post is about...

We got on a lot of tangents while we were having discussions and this is where one came in. One of the girls brought up language in the Christian religion today and how our terminology is already different and harder for other people to understand (i.e. I asked Jesus into my heart...), but over time we have twisted some of the ways we say things almost to glorify us for being Christians. One example of that is "I asked Jesus into my life and became a Christian."

Who are we to say we let Jesus into our lives??? We are so gracious we decided to allow Jesus into our lives? No, when we become Christians, we should be saying, "I became a Christian because Jesus is allowing me into His life and His plans! He is the gracious One!"

That stuck in my mind all day today, and I know this post is short...but it's what was on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment