Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bad Luck...

Hello.

So, this past semester I had been sick 8-9 times not including the 1 right before winter break and 1 during winter break. I went to Taylor and Health Wellness Center (which is the on-campus doctors' office) with no almost help. The 1st time before winter break, I was told I had a bacterial infection and I was given antibiotics, it seemed like most of my 2nd semester was spent in Taylor, strep test after strep test done, different lab tests (drawing a lot of blood) and...nothing. The last time I visited Taylor I was told every time my symptoms looked like coxsackie virus (foot and mouth) but it just wasn't that and then the Dr.'s medical diagnosis was "it seems like it's just a run of bad luck." 6 months, every couple of weeks, I spent 1-2 weeks with a sore swollen throat, a high-grade fever switching off with a low-grade fever, my throat so swollen I couldn't eat for a couple of days, fatigue, all the fun stuff.

I come back to Omaha and within 3 weeks it was discovered that every single sinus in my head was completely swollen and inflamed and it was drainage and such that was irritating my throat. Sick, but at least they figured it out.

But I'm gonna peace out...I've got a migraine. I'll get better someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment