Sunday, June 13, 2010

Extraordinary...

Hello.

Today at church, the pastor had 2 sentences that really struck me and rang in my mind the rest of the service (well I guess they were more like questions).

These past couple weeks I have had it in my mind that I am just an ordinary girl, with an ordinary life, and I will never be anything more than that. I wondered if there really was anything extraordinary about me, anything special at all? I don't live a super glamorous life, I don't go on awesome adventures ever really, and I don't get straight A's/perfect ACT/perfect SAT scores. Can I ever be different, extraordinary, special?

What Pastor Tommy asked was: "Does your heart break for what broke Jesus' heart?" and later on "Do you look at the world and want to fix what is broken about it?"

I realized I don't have to do extraordinary things to be extraordinary...yes Jesus performed many miracles, died for our sins, and rose again; but He was an extraordinary man even without all of that. He was soooo full of compassion towards the people that are just thrown off to the side or looked down upon. He lowered Himself to raise them up. Obviously I can't heal blindness with the touch of my hand, or cure a man of leoprasy, or anything crazy amazing like Him, but I have a lot of compassion in my heart that is just screaming to be shared with people. I have love coursing through my veins that some people in this world have never experienced (love from family, friends, God) and I can't keep it all to myself. Just by serving, and letting Jesus live through me...that's what makes me extraordinary. I am special in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment