Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The US game today against Algeria...

Hello.


So I don't know if anyone else saw the soccer game today. AMAZING! It's games like that, that just make me absolutely love soccer more than I already do. I missed all of the 1st half because I had class this morning, but I was able to see the 2nd half. I was told we had a score, but yet again...a ref didn't count it for who knows what reason. The game was scoreless for 90 minutes, both teams constantly taking shots on the other...the US missing some very easy shots too. 4 minutes was added to the end of the game and Landon Donovan finally scored in the 91' on a rebound from the goalie. I'm pretty sure every single American that was watching at that time was on their feet, jumping, screaming, and celebrating. I don't think my heart has ever beat that fast during a soccer match...whether I was watching or actually playing. Landon Donovan was crying during the interview after the game which shows just how much all of this means to him and how exciting all of it was. He said in the interview, when the rebound happened and he was running up to score..."all time just stopped...". It was soooo amazing.


I still get goosebumps every time I watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment