Saturday, September 25, 2010

Do you like me?...

Hello.

Ok. So I know people in this world worry a lot about what people think about them...mostly how they look and their outward appearance. Not everyone, but the majority. I admit, I have this minor problem as well. I hate leaving the house without at least mascara on because I don't think I look good enough without it on. I will say I think I have gotten better...I don't worry as much about hair anymore, I'm OK not going out in super cute clothes, I'm OK if my clothes are a little wrinkly (oh wait...I've never worried about that).

My biggest problem is worrying about whether people like me or not. If I get even the slightest impression (whatever that may be...most likely because I'm reading waaaay too into their body language or tone of voice) I completely close up. I've never thought about it before until now. One time when I was still dating Collin, we were at his house and for whatever reason I was under the impression that his mom was mad at or annoyed with me and even though I was starving I would not ask her for anything to eat...I wouldn't even ask him because then he would ask her and that would just give her another reason to not like me.

It's almost debilitating how much I worry about it and let it affect me. I started to wonder if this is where my shyness comes from and I fear that the majority of the time...it is. I worry so much about it that even people I don't know affect me. I really gotta work on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment